Books I am reading

Saturday, January 5, 2013

I am starting a long journey to better health. I have done this many times before but have trouble maintaining changes. The longest success I had was in the 90's. I lost 40 lbs, and kept 20 of it off for 10 years.  

I am using a particular product and their support as well as support from friends. I have signed up for the Susan G Kolman 3-day Walk for the Cure for the November walk in AZ. This helps give me an external goal as well as my own personal goal to become healthier.

When I began the journey to better health in 1989, I tackled my life on many fronts. I began counseling, taking medication for my depression, seeing a spiritual director, began with Medi-Fast to jump start my weight loss, and worked out at the Y.

I am in a much stronger place this time. My mental and spiritual health are so much stronger than 23 years ago. It is comforting to recognize that I have made significant progress in some areas of my life.

If you are on a similar journey, I am more than happy to be one of your supports! I am open to suggestions and encouragement. What has worked for you?

1 comment:

  1. About to make myself take the dogs out on a walk. Inertia is so easily entertained! Hope the tred mill is still a good companion for you!

    ReplyDelete

I invite you to sit and have a cuppa tea with me. I welcome your perspective, but please express yourself without being abusive, using curse words, or promoting hate or discrimination. Thank you.